CALLING ALL PD MEMBERS!
Everyone likes to see his or her name in print...well...almost everyone! If you would like to see yours, all you have to do is submit an article to The Texas Paralegal Journal. It doesn't have to be a tome—it can be as short as one-half page. Or if you have more to say, you can take up to five (5) single-spaced, typewritten pages. If you need ideas, take a look at the following suggestions:
- Substantive Legal Articles (all areas of law)
- Criminal Law: Concealed Handgun Law
- Pre-Litigation: Subrogation, Interview Techniques, Obtaining a Proper Witness Statement
- Litigation: Trial Notebooks, Organization of Complex Document Production, Use of Databases, "On-the-Road" (working on a case out of your immediate area-what you need to know)
- Corporate/Business Law; Immigration
- Environmental Law
- Maritime and Admiralty Products Liability
- Medical Malpractice (including the role of the nurse/paralegal)
- Real Estate
- Entertainment and Intellectual Property
- Non-Traditional Roles for Paralegals
- Pro Bono
- Technology Tips
- PD Member Achievements
These are only a few ideas for potential articles. If you feel you don't have anything to contribute, you probably know someone who does. Either contact them directly, or let us know their information and we will track them down. We are also looking for suggestions for the TPJ columns for "Scruples (Ethics)" and the "Op Ed Question". We also welcome your comments and criticisms of our publications and website.
To share your ideas or submit an article, please contact:
P. O. Box 19163
Amarillo, TX 79114
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU!