Immigration Law Hot Topics For Trial Lawyers—Civil and Criminal
Time: 03:00 pm – 04:30 pm
Sponsor: Connectionology Seminars of America, LLC
CLE HOURS EARNED: 1.5
Listen to a live session featuring Miriam Airington Fisher, Esq. with Airington Law and Doug Beam, Esq. with Douglas R. Beam, P.A. as the moderator on Tuesday, November 17, 2020 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (EST) Eastern Standard Time.
This webinar will address ways that immigration law intersects with other areas of law, and what an attorney should know to best protect a non-citizen client.
1. Understand the basic terminology to assess your client’s immigration considerations.
2. How a criminal defense attorney should screen for issues with a non-citizen client.
3. How a divorce (or marriage) can impact a clients immigration status.
4. Immigration considerations in personal injury/worker’s comp cases.
5. When you should refer a client for an immigration consultation.