My Aching Back: Lumbar Disc and Stenosis Surgery Focusing on Complications Part 1
Time: 03:00 pm – 05:00 pm
Sponsor: Connectionology Seminars of America
CLE HOURS EARNED: 2.0
By the end of the webinar, attendees will learn about
• What is the Anatomy of the Lumbar Spine?
• What and Where are Lumbar Discs on MR/CT?
o Central, Lateral, Foraminal, Far Lateral
• Types of Lumbar Discs:
o Protruding/Bulging/Extruded/Sequestrated (Free Fragments)
• Symptoms and Signs of Lumbar Discs:
o Neurollogical Exam
• Non Operative Management of Lumbar Discs:
o No Long-term Efficacy of Epidural Steroid Injections (ESI)
o Major risks/complications of ESI
• Surgery for Lumbar Discs:
o Microdiskectomy, Laminotomy/Laminectomy, Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion
• Major Complications for Lumbar Disc Surgery.
• When is Lumbar Disc Surgery Below the Standard of Care?