My Aching Back: Lumbar Disc and Stenosis Surgery Focusing on Complications – Part 1
Time: 03:00 pm – 05:00 pm
Sponsor: Connectionology Seminars of America
CLE HOURS EARNED: 2.0
In this discussion, you will learn about:
1. What is the Anatomy of the Lumbar Spine?
2. What and Where are Lumbar Discs on MR/CT?
a. Central, Lateral, Foraminal, Far Lateral
3. Types of Lumbar Discs:
c. Sequestrated (Free Fragments)
4. Symptoms and Signs of Lumbar Discs:
a. Neurollogical Exam
5. Non Operative Management of Lumbar Discs:
a. No Long-term Efficacy of Epidural Steroid Injections (ESI)
b. Major risks/complications of ESI
6. Surgery for Lumbar Discs:
c. Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
7. Major Complications for Lumbar Disc Surgery.
8. When is Lumbar Disc Surgery Below the Standard of Care?