As a PD member, you have many opportunities, including…
- eGroup Forum – join the members’ only forum with hot topics, forms, ethics, and general questions posted and answered by paralegals. Be sure to sign up for this after receiving your membership card!
- Texas Board of Specialization (TBLS) Helpful Hints Guide – be ahead of the rest. If you are planning to take a TBLS Specialty Exam, then we have this Helpful Hints Guide that is packed with information to help you through every step of the exam process, from application to sitting for the actual exam. It has been written by TBLS Board Certified paralegals, so make it your first source for studying!
- www.TexasBar.com/benefits – provides legislature tracking, form access, notification of TexasBarCLE events, free access to case law and many other perks.
- Free legal research through Fastcase.
- Membership Directory and Listing in Texas Legal Directory (Blue Book)– find the members in your district, reconnect with previous colleagues, or
meet new friends.
- Job Bank – be the first to get the dish on hot jobs!
- Mentor Program – mentor program available to all members of the Paralegal Division. Learn more here.
- Statewide CLE Depository – event notices of upcoming CLE and related events hosted by PD and State Bar of Texas.
- Texas Advanced Paralegal Seminar – 3 days of CLE Hours for one low great price and available every year!
- Track attendance to MCLE approved CLE Online – log in and view SBOT MCLE-attended CLE and submit other CLE attendance before you forget!
- Pro Bono Events – receive notification and access the statewide listing. Track your hours too!
- Subscriptions to the Texas Paralegal Journal and Texas Bar Journal – keep up to date with current event issues, tips and tricks as technology evolves, and what others are doing in similar situations.
- Discounts – available from National Car Rental, DELL, GEICO Insurance and much more! For a complete list, go to Participation in State Bar activities and benefits – health, life, and dental insurance programs and credit unions, and more.
- Professional Recognition and Growth – hold yourself to a higher standard with the communication and promotion of professional conduct and responsibility. Your attorneys will notice the change.
- www.txpd.org – the one-stop shop for your needs. Find all of this information, plus so much more, including helpful tips and links to vendors, blogs, and
other sources of information.
Your PD Members hard at work for you…
- View the Definition & Standards Adopted by the State Bar of Texas Board of Directors, unanimously approved in 2005!
- Examine a collection of ethics articles, questions and answers, and you can purchase the Ethics Handbook, authored by PD members.
- Watch the “Profiling the Paralegal Profession” video on the PD Online CLE, available for MCLE accreditation in the area of Law Office Administration.
- Meet the Board of Directors by visiting their bios and photos on the website.
- Annual Events – PD Annual Meeting Luncheon and Texas Advanced Paralegal Seminar, a three-day CLE event!
- To find information regarding health insurance, please contact the State Bar Insurance Trust at 1-800.460.7248 or visit their website HERE.
- To find information on car and homeowners insurance, please view HERE.