The Paralegal Division’s DIRECTOR ELECTION for District Directors in odd-numbered districts (Districts 1, 3, 5, 7, 11 and 15) will take place March 23 through April 10, 2023.
- Beginning on January 26, 2023 each Elections Subcommittee Chair will prepare and forward, upon request, the following materials to potential candidates for director in their respective district at any time during the nominating period:
- A copy of the List of Registered Voters in candidates’ respective district;
- A sample nominating petition; and
- A copy of Rule VI of the Standing Rules entitled “Guidelines for Campaigns for Candidates as Director.”
- Each potential candidate must satisfy the following requirements:
- Eligibility Requirements. The candidate must satisfy the eligibility requirements of Article III, Section 3 and Article IX, Section 1 A and Section 4 of the Bylaws and Rule V B, Section 5c of the Standing Rules.
- Declaration of Intent. The candidate must make a declaration of intent to run as a candidate for the office of director through an original nominating petition declaring such intent that is filed with the Elections Subcommittee Chair in the candidate’s district pursuant to Rule V B, Section 5 of the Standing Rules.
- Nominating Petition. The original nominating petition must be signed by the appropriate number of registered voters and must be submitted to the Elections Subcommittee Chair in such district, on or before February 17, 2023.
If you are interested in running for District Director, or need further information regarding the election process, contact the Elections Committee Sub-Chair in your District, or the Elections Chair, Melanie Langford, ACP at Elections@txpd.org.
2022-2023 District Election Committee Sub-Chairs:
District 1 – Michelle Rowland, ACP, CP, TBLS-BCP – email@example.com
District 3 – Susan Davis, TBLS-BCP – firstname.lastname@example.org
District 5 – Melanie Langford – Elections@txpd.org
District 7 – Marnee Bolen – email@example.com
District 11 – Karmen Johnson – firstname.lastname@example.org
District 15 – Melanie Langford – Elections@txpd.org